Promoted to motherhood

Life will never be the same again...

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Home Sweet Home





Early the morning, ZX and I went down to the nursery at 2nd floor to see Daniel. I could walk a few steps at a certain time... At least I had to force myself to exercise a bit.

When we reached 2nd floor; to our horror, he was not there! Then the nurse said he was brought up to my room to be breastfed. Pheeeww... I was so relieved to see him at the door. I must admit, though I prayed and committed my pregnancy into His hands, there were times these questions just kept looming in my head ; what if I had a stillborn? What if my baby is switched with another baby accidentally? What if Daniel has a huge black birthmark on his face? Must be the hormone...





Breastfeeding is a whole new experience tp me. One will feel amazed and totally in love when her baby is sucking happily... especially Daniel as he will sometimes give a li'l smile if he's satisfied. So I read that the woman's body releases endorphine as she breastfeeds. Endorphine makes a person happy...or high. Haha! Also, for the 1st few times I breastfed, my uterus contracted! That was painful. The nurses at Puteri were really helpful. They taught me almost everything about breastfeeding these 2 days. And honestly, I have never thought I would be so daring to be so "exposed" to a stranger. Maybe it's the maternal instinct.


The real patient


ZX has been sleeping on a spare bed with lousy mattress. So he seized the opportunity to sleep on my comfy bed while I breastfed. I wanted a picture with Daniel, so I tried all sorts of angle that I would not look so bloated. This is the best shot. If you think this is bad, wait till you see other shots.

Putting my image aside, I was in heaven to have a sleepyhead on my lap. His puffiness has gone down a little. I must commend him for being such a good feeder. He has no problem latching on. So proud of him! How amazing... bear in mind, he's only 1 day old!

Just before we started packing to head home, Dr. Tham, Daniel's PD came in and she said he has a bit of jaundice. It is normal for babies to have a bit of jaundice but because ZX's and my blood group are too different; hence Daniel's and mine are "fighting" resulting the jaundice. Dr. Ding joked we should not have gotten married. He's one funny lame doc. He checked my wound and there was dried blood on the right side. Maybe I pulled myself up too hard. But he said I am doing extremely well. That was comforting.

So we had to wait for Zai Zai's blood test result and if the level of bilirubin is high, he can't go home! So as we waited, ZX slept and I was praying that he could go home. I can't bear the thoughts of him staying in the hospital alone. I also called the the confinement lady to wait for my call before she board the bus from Ipoh 'cuz if Daniel needs to stay, he has to stay for about 5 days. So I thought it would be wasteful to have her come early since I am paying her an arm and a leg for her service.

Report finally came out and he could go home! Hallelujah!

CHOTOMATEH! I called the confinement lady and I realised she missed the bus. ARRRRGGGHHH... means ZX and I will have Daniel all to ourselves for 24 hours! God HELP!

No comments: