Promoted to motherhood

Life will never be the same again...

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Bed-ridden


Today, for the 1st time in my life I was bedridden. I was shaking... shivering for an hour. Maybe it was the epidural wearing off. I was only calmed temporarily when ZX placed his face next to mine to give me some heat. But it really felt as if I fell into an icy lake. I had 2 blankets and 1 thermal covering. I couldn't even feel my belly and feet until in the evening. By the time I had a tinge of sensation, the wound hurt like mad. I couldn't even bend my legs because every muscle that I moved would hurt my belly. When on earth can I play badminton again???


Dr. Ding and the nurses encourage me to sit up. I braced myself and sat up. It was p a i n f u l. Then I tried walking to the toilet. Every INCH felt like 100 km. With all this pain, I had a longing to see Daniel. I was wondering how he is doing. So ZX brought him up from the nursery at the 2nd level to 5th level. I could only reach out to touch him with my hands, but seeing him resting so peacefully, my heart just melted and the pain was forgotten momentarily.



Can't hold him yet... admiring from a distance



Daniel is still adjusting to the temperature




Daddy's 1st embrace


I was amazed at ZX for his courage to pick Daniel up. Daniel felt really fragile and it was beautiful to see ZX picking him like a protective father. We said a prayer of thanksgiving for this li'l bundle. He hasn't opened his eyes yet but he definitely has daddy's nose and ears! The Phang clan came to see him with all the "oohhhss" and "aaahhs". They claimed Daniel has dimples.





Puff D. (Puffy Daniel)


Daniel was a li'l puffy from soaking in the waterbag. Doctor said he is a good healthy baby. That was all I needed to hear...! To compensate all the sacrifices I have made to produce a "golden piggie" son for the Phang clan, my dear ZX got me the most expensive room in the hospital. It was so luxurious until everybody started saying "going to the hotel" and not "going to the hospital".



Hotel-like

That night, ZX and I finally finished watching "Drive of Life"; a 60-episode Hong Kong drama series from his laptop.

When my epidural completely wear off at night, I had to ring the nurse to asked for a pain relief jab.

No comments: