Promoted to motherhood

Life will never be the same again...

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Gwyneth Paltrow's....

I have been reading a few blogs on kitchen designs, dining designs... but one really caught my attention is Gwyneth Paltrow's home. She has one of the most stunning dining hall I have ever seen. But then again, I have to remind myself I am living in the tropics. If I am to design mine like hers, I would need to switch on the AC every meal I have and that would burn my hubby on the bills. These pics make my heart skip a beat... Can I make Deux look like that?

This is her living room. Her taste in pictures are great and her home seems very clean. Her home seems more to a black and white theme... I can try to make it but with Daniel in a toddler phase... what if my white start to have streams of colourful crayon across them, or spaghetti spots on them.


Her bedroom wallpaper is really nice. Ok, I have decided! I shall get wallpaper for my master bedroom. And I will go for white theme! What ya think? Kinda nice to have a purple grey wall with white furniture, don't you think?

Aiyo!!! If I have a daughter, I would go nuts dressing her up, decorating her room etc! Just look at Apple's room. It's so chic! Well, now I just need to focus on blues and more masculine prints like airplanes and baseball for Daniel.


So far I have never seen an impressive kitchen. This kitchen was so so at 1st glance until I saw the chandeliers!!! TWO some more!!! Wow. There's a breakthrough in my head. It's spacious and almost surreal to have a kitchen like that. I am absolutely speechless when I observe how modern yet simplistic yet... classic this whole concept is. I guess I like the skylight with the chandeliers. I am a sucker for chandeliers aren't I?

I just saw lights like this at Lorgan's at Pasir Panjang Rd. Pretty cute to have them.... Hmmmm.... I may put it at the high ceiling at my family hall.

Gywneth's foyer. I think Zhi Xiang would love this picture. And yes, TIME FOR WALLPAPER! But of course, no cloth sofa for me. I don't wanna see any yellow spots once I start toilet train Daniel.

I was thinking of bright toilets for Deux but aiyo... this picture is so cute! Look at the lights. I will never get such lights if I see them in a light shop but the effect is cute. Interesting isn't it? Hmmm... white furniture against black wallpaper....

I love, love, LOVE her dining hall. Check out her USD$30k priced chandelier!!! I am planning to get a chandelier but maybe not as complicated as hers.

Another designer chandelier... a bit too hard to clean though....

Ahhh... lastly, the outdoor. This will never be in JB. KK maybe. I will name my future daughter Gwyneth!!! (You know I am just too into her designs).

No comments: