Promoted to motherhood

Life will never be the same again...

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Swimming baby!

I brought Daniel to the pool for the 1st time today. As I saw the good weather, I grabbed the car keys and off to Kim's apartment. I've alwasy wanted him to swim like those babies I saw on health documentary where they say babies can swim naturally within the 1st 4 months.

Thank God the water was not too cold but Daniel took a few minutes to overcome his fear. I think he had to get used to the temperature of the water.

There there... he loves the water... though I wish the water was a little warmer.



Within a few more minutes he's totally enjoying it! He likes to waddles his feet... abd check out his chubbs! (and my chubbs... ignore it)


Then I made a boo-boo, I slipped and he drank some water! In total he drank 3 times! What a lousy swimming instructor I was! I think I need the training 1st before I bring him again. Thank God Kim was there and she actually went into the pool (with her clothes) to helped me out! Good grief...


When I went back, I checked out about teaching babies to swim in the book 'What to Expect... the First Year' and it said better not to bring babies into the pool too early. Germs and water temperature are the factors. I felt even worse! Maybe I should call my PD the next time. Silly mommy...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

wuahahaha ur bb not toyla! :P