Promoted to motherhood

Life will never be the same again...

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Family Bed


Given a year ago, I would not have imagined my "zen" bed will turn into a family bed. Daniel sleeps by my side nowadays, with the bed pushed right next to the wall and having cushions layered with more cushions so that the "prince" will feel no "pea" or any discomfort.


Daniel's cosy corner


We have a nightlight, which I hate a lot. Apart from Daniel, I am a creature of comfort too. I can only sleep soundly with perfect condition; in the dark, cool temperature, 2 pillows and 400-tread count bedsheets beneath my skin. (I am kidding about the 400, but yeah, at least 340). Nyeh-heh! So by the 2nd night, I tried switching off the night light, and it works! I only switch it on when Daniel wakes me up for feeding and diaper change. Amazingly, he doesn't cry or wail. It was more like "calling". Maybe that's what you called baby cooing.

Daniel has been a darling. I thought I would have to wake up 3 times in the night, but thank God he only wakes up ONCE! The only challenge is putting him to sleep. He sleeps at 1 a.m these few nights. That's because it has been raining so much, he loves to sleep during the cool day. Oh, and another trick is that he has to be exceptionally full before he sleeps (to be sound asleep). Thus, I will give him more milk right before his sleep. Supper works well for babies apparently!


Moments from dreamland

(this is such a darling photo of him)






"Daniel, you will only wake mummy once and don't wake daddy up tonight."

"Yes sir!"

Another good thing about family bed is that, ZX can spend more time with Daniel. He comes home pretty late from work these days. So if Daniel happens to be awake, he can interact with him... and help me to sing a lullaby. Daniel looooves ZX's singing. How ironic. Whereas for me, Daniel seems to be distracted when I sing (distracted by the smell of milk). And yes, nursing women tend to have "milky" scent/aura... which can be fixed with extra squirts of perfume.


My little prince has been gaining a bit of weight too! From the last check-up, he has gained 1.7 kg! Also, his cheeks are definitely chubbier. So when I hold his cheeks to burp him, it felt more like holding a big pau rather than a small charsiew pau.




Ah... the side of Daniel that is seldom displayed to the public on the blog... the fussy, demanding and I-want-it-NOW face.



No comments: