Promoted to motherhood

Life will never be the same again...

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

HFMD

What an episode... as much as I am so crazy over the HK drama series "Moonlight Resonance", it was quite a drama when I was in HK too. The next morning, Fen called and said the doctor has confirmed that Daniel has HAND FOOT MOUTH!!! I almost screamed in the car, as ZX's client Rex drove us to Causeway Bay.

I was dead worried for him and all my shopping spirit just left me. It felt so horrible and I wish I was back home taking care of him. So ZX changed our flight and we flew back 6 hours earlier. No more shopping? Still enough time for me to grab a jolicouer at Gucci at HKIA. Haha!

When I reached home, baby was asleep. He immediately hugged me once he saw me and was being very sweet indeed. He has been really cranky when I was not around and refused anyone to carry him except Choy Che. So Choy Che was my stand in. He did have some ulcers and a number of spots on his butt, feet and fingers. The doc told me to stay home with him, so I had a week off from work! Of course, I got the paper back to mark, and caught up with my drama series... while nursing him. I read up a lot on HFM and apparently, it's pretty common. The most painful part is giving him medicine. I had to use a syringe to push all the medicine down his throat 4 times daily. And he cried very loud each time. Good news is, by the 3rd day, he's pretty good with it.

So when I thought breast milk will make my baby invincible, free from all germs, there my baby is falling sick. First, cough and now hand, foot, mouth! Maybe I should get as much supplements for him to boost his immune system. Anyway, baby has been changing in temperament. He's definitely way more active, and persistent. Hmmm... what happened to "easy Daniel"? Regardless, he's still as huggable.

No comments: